Lest we forget
Last Saturday afternoon I tried to figure out what went wrong with my airbrush session.
I surfed the Internet where I found great advice.
Following the advice I have deep cleaned my airbrush accordingly. While looking for even more information I found this…
Don’t get caught up thinking fine, medium, and large indicate the line an airbrush will produce. This is only a minor nominal effect of the needle/nozzle size difference. The classification of Fine, Medium, and Large apply more to the recommendation of what media can be properly used. Fine for inks, watercolors, dyes – Medium for properly reduced acrylics, lacquers, enamels – Large for more viscous glazes, base coats, industrial coatings
Maybe that was the problem I had because I was using the fine nozzle size.
My problem started when I had used my airbrush to add a coat of grey primer on the F9F Panther.
The paint was creating splatter but I kept on spraying and spraying, praying I was just imagining things.
It wasn’t a bad dream.
It was either caused by a clogged nozzle, paint that was too thick, etc…
I then decided to stop, finish it off with a paintbrush and took a deep breath.
On Sunday I deep cleaned my airbrush once more even cleaning my spray booth.
I continued on working on the Albion fuel bowser.
Thin parts always present a problem since everything has to be precisely glued which can lead to frustration.
Part D18 was fragile and the instructions to glue it were vague.
Well they were at first.
I was be able to fix this with stretched sprue.
The Albion fuel bowser is now almost finished.
Once completed I will paint it and start the D-Day diorama.
Tamiya Quick Setting cement is just what I need to glue thin and fragile parts.