Day 220, and now it’s Day 3…
2 October 2022
The PBY Catalina is progressing well with the side blisters having been installed.
Last Friday I had started working with the clear parts. Glueing the side blisters necessitated some dry fitting before using Contacta clear glue.
After my trip to JacHobby yesterday I tried out Tamiya cotton swabs and I added a dab of silver for the wings landing lights.
The landing lights are different on this photo.
As you might have noticed my collection has grown with this unexpected addition…
When I saw it at JacHobby, I googled Academy TBF-1C on my cellphone and decided to buy it since the price was quite reasonable.
This is how it could look from photos taken on this forum.
On that forum, members talked about the instructions sheet being somewhat minimal and one member directed others to Wayback Machine to find the original Accurate Miniatures instructions.
I probably won’t build this one in the very foreseeable future, but at least I know what I am up against.